384th Bombardment Group (Heavy) in World War II

Welcome to the 384th BG Photo Gallery. This gallery makes available the photographic and documentary portion of the 384th record. For additional information visit the 384th Bomb Group website. All content on this gallery is visible to all visitors. Those wishing to enter a comment or contribute images will need to register and log in (links at left of Home page). Please register for an account when you need access beyond viewing gallery content.

Guidance on contributing images can be obtained by downloading this PDF document:  Upload Instructions

Home / User comments

Display comments on Photos | Albums
Filter
Display

• jmyers24 - Friday 23 March 2018 11:58
    I just recently learned about my great-grandfather John Jay Stevens pictured in the front row, far right. I was not aware that I had family who served in the military. I am blown away by finding this. Truly remarkable. I am following in his footsteps of serving the country. I am an Air Force ROTC cadet and I recently got selected to become a Pilot. I am extremely proud and thankful that great men like the ones pictured came before us.
  • DonnaMaurillo - Tuesday 6 March 2018 18:54
    What is this document?
  • DonnaMaurillo - Tuesday 6 March 2018 18:48
    When my father, 2LT John Dominic Maurillo, was sent stateside from Grafton-Underwood in September 1944, he phoned my mother, Mary DeLuca, and said they would be married in Syracuse on his way to New Jersey. Mom had a week to plan her wedding. Dad was married in his uniform, as all military personnel were required to wear uniforms during wartime. This photo was taken on September 30, 1944. Dad was 21, and Mom was 19. They subsequently had eight children.
  • DonnaMaurillo - Tuesday 6 March 2018 18:45
    My parents on their honeymoon at the Ritz Carlton in Atlantic City in October 1944. My father, 2LT John Dominic Maurillo, had been reassigned stateside and they were in New Jersey temporarily until he was assigned to Midland-Odessa TX and finally to Monroe LA, where I was born in July 1945.
  • DonnaMaurillo - Tuesday 6 March 2018 18:43
    After my parents divorced (PTSD was a major factor), he married my stepmother Dorothea. Dad had served many years in the Air Force Reserves in Syracuse NY following his release from active duty. He also served on the selection committee for the Air Force Academy. This photo was taken in the 1980s at a Reserves function.
  • DonnaMaurillo - Tuesday 6 March 2018 18:40
    My parents, 2LT John Dominic Maurillo and Mary DeLuca. This was taken in Syracuse NY while he was home on leave. It's most likely that this was in 1943.
  • DonnaMaurillo - Tuesday 6 March 2018 18:39
    My father, 2LT John Dominic Maurillo, and his parents Rosaria Clavelli Maurillo and Vitantonio Maurillo. This was taken while my father was home on leave in Syracuse NY, likely in 1943. His parents did not obtain their US citizenship until the 1950s, so they were classed as enemy aliens during the war.
  • Tracker627 - Tuesday 20 February 2018 13:39
    I have the same picture. My Dad is in the second row, center of the picture.
  • andr3wradio - Tuesday 23 January 2018 07:17
    Andrew Surma also has this one
  • andr3wradio - Tuesday 23 January 2018 05:00
    Andrew with his girlfriend, Genevieve Escheback. He did not end up marrying her, He later married Margeurite Maricak