384th Bombardment Group (Heavy) in World War II

Welcome to the 384th BG Photo Gallery. This gallery makes available the photographic and documentary portion of the 384th record. For additional information visit the 384th Bomb Group website. All content on this gallery is visible to all visitors. Those wishing to enter a comment or contribute images will need to register and log in (links at left of Home page). Please register for an account when you need access beyond viewing gallery content.

Home / User comments

Filter
Display

• andr3wradio - Friday 7 July 2017 18:34
    Possibly Arthur Art Adams
  • whallii - Friday 7 July 2017 14:06
    Hello,

I visited with Frank Fauser, today. I showed him this photo and he said this was from his last mission, which would confirm the date as 21 July 44.

He also identified Unidentified 5 as George T. Booth and Unidentified 6 as James Carboni. He does not remember the others. I think this is because he and the other two named were originally in the Birckhead crew with the 545th. It looks like Frank only flew his last 4 missions with the Spiers crew.
  • jgsmit4 - Thursday 8 June 2017 00:22
    This is my grandfather Richard G. Wismer. The photo timestamp or aircraft he is posing with is unknown.
  • Tryskall - Monday 1 February 2016 12:57
    384th Bombardment, 545th Squadron
    Not appearing in Order
    Frank. G. Mattes
    Robert L. Pelton
    Drewry F. Wofford Jr (Drewery?)
    Adam Konefal
    Joseph F. Barta
    Walter A. Miller
    Paul Nick Carter (Bottom 4th from Left)
    Joseph A. Barrett
    Morris H. Merrifield
    Edward J. Garcia
    Listed MIA August 17 1943
    Survivors were POW's @ Stalag XVĪĪ B
  • Tryskall - Monday 1 February 2016 12:47
    1st Lt. Frank G Mattes. Crew #54
    384th Bombardment, 545th Squadron
    Shot down August 17,1943
  • DGrandpre - Friday 15 January 2016 06:20
    This is amazing! Harry's plane was shot down over Goes Netherlands!
  • C. Mark Sublette - Saturday 2 January 2016 23:46
    The gent in the middle of the second row is Maurice Dillingham, who successfully bailed out and became a PoW when Mad Money II was shot down. He taught history at Choctawhatchee Senior High School in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, after retiring from the service, and lived in Grayton Beach until his death. I had him for history my senior year, 1973-74.
  • jessie - Tuesday 8 December 2015 21:49
    Hello, my husband is Gordon Hannaford's grandson. We're very excited to see some photos of him up! We do think that Gordon and William Cameron might be switched around and Gordon was very small and had that prominent mustache. Please let me know how I can get in touch with you and thank you for putting all these lovely pictures up! Email: lookjessicacook@gmail.com
  • truepilot - Monday 30 November 2015 13:16
    Seated in the lower left corner is Edward Lawrence Peckham, my father. I am named after him, Edward John Peckham.
  • Tfox - Thursday 26 November 2015 06:53
    Front row, last on the right is John S. Fox, Jr.