384th Bombardment Group (Heavy) in World War II

NOTICE: We have repaired the problem that causes some photos to be displayed only as a TRIANGLE with an EXCLAMATION POINT inside: if you encounter any pages containing such a photo, please use the "Contact webmaster" link at the bottom of every page to report the URL of the problem. This notice will remain until the end of 2018.

Welcome to the 384th BG Photo Gallery. This gallery makes available the photographic and documentary portion of the 384th record. For additional information visit the 384th Bomb Group website. All content on this gallery is visible to all visitors. Those wishing to enter a comment or contribute images will need to register and log in (links at left of Home page). Please register for an account when you need access beyond viewing gallery content.

Guidance on contributing images can be obtained by downloading this PDF document:  Upload Instructions

Home / User comments

Display comments on Photos | Albums
Filter
Display

• mmeehl - Thursday 12 July 2018 15:41
    The names on the back of the photo are "Ladner, Johnson, Huckeby." The man in the middle is Ralph Johnson, the Group Communications Officer assigned at Gowen Field to the Group Headquarters Detachment. Johnson served as a Captain, and later as Major in the 384th BG.
  • Walden Hatton - Saturday 26 May 2018 21:24
    It's is Walden Hughes on bottom row second from left
  • andr3wradio - Tuesday 15 May 2018 16:31
    Art Adams, Bernie Daning, Pops, Andy Surma
  • andr3wradio - Tuesday 15 May 2018 16:28
    Art Adams
  • andr3wradio - Tuesday 15 May 2018 16:25
    Art Adams and Andy Surma
  • mmeehl - Saturday 21 April 2018 07:18
    These men are ground crew for the B-17s of the 547th BS while in training at Wendover Field.
    Back l-r:Homer Meikle, Ed Miller, William "Tiny" Wright, John Boulton, Stanley Zawada, Arlan Smith
    Front l-r: Jesse Williams, Charles Jacobs, Russell Sayles, Edward B. Lyng
    Photo by 547th BS ground crewman Paul Meehl
  • mmeehl - Saturday 21 April 2018 07:13
    These men are part of the ground crews for the B-17s of the 547th BS while in training at Wendover Field.
    Back L-R: Harold Henry, Richard Benoit, Thomas Doyle, Albert Jindra, Carl Stoker
    Front L-R: Unknown, Joe Rukavina, Albert Haynes, Fred Hewins
    Photo by 547th ground crewman Paul Meehl
  • jmyers24 - Friday 23 March 2018 11:58
    I just recently learned about my great-grandfather John Jay Stevens pictured in the front row, far right. I was not aware that I had family who served in the military. I am blown away by finding this. Truly remarkable. I am following in his footsteps of serving the country. I am an Air Force ROTC cadet and I recently got selected to become a Pilot. I am extremely proud and thankful that great men like the ones pictured came before us.
  • DonnaMaurillo - Tuesday 6 March 2018 18:54
    What is this document?
  • DonnaMaurillo - Tuesday 6 March 2018 18:48
    When my father, 2LT John Dominic Maurillo, was sent stateside from Grafton-Underwood in September 1944, he phoned my mother, Mary DeLuca, and said they would be married in Syracuse on his way to New Jersey. Mom had a week to plan her wedding. Dad was married in his uniform, as all military personnel were required to wear uniforms during wartime. This photo was taken on September 30, 1944. Dad was 21, and Mom was 19. They subsequently had eight children.