Armstrong was a pilot assigned to the 546th Bomb Squadron in July 1943. He and his crew were shot down on his 11th mission. One crewmember was KIA, while three others - including Armstrong - evaded capture; the remaining six became POWs.
Panel host was Keith Ellefson assisted by Mike Jerrell.
- Jim Signing the Wing Panel
- Inspecting some 546th signatures
- His signature
- James Edwin Armstrong
- Signing a copy of Escape
- Escape signed for 384th NexGen
- Shoe horn made from a piece of 41-24507, Yankee Raider
- Closeup of Shoe horn made from a piece of Yankee Raider
- Nita Armstrong
- Nita Armstrong, son Jim and James E. Armstrong
- Jim's chute pack from 6 SEP 1943
- The Triangle P memento
- JAMES E ARMSTRONG SIGNATURE #77